Earl MacKenzie, P.ENG, Town Engineer
The Town of New Glasgow Engineering Department provides overall engineering and technical support to the Town of New Glasgow.
- The Engineering Department conducts a complete range of municipal engineering design, from traffic signals and roadway and pavement upgrades, to water and sewer services.
- Engineering staff also provide consultation services to other departments including building modification and energy analysis.
- The Town of New Glasgow Engineering Department has a full array of modern equipment to assist in providing services to the Town. These include Flow Water Modeling, Autodesk Civil 3D 2011, and ArcGIS 10.
- The Town has modern survey equipment and GPS capabilities for survey accuracy.
- The Town of New Glasgow Engineering Department follows the Nova Scotia Standard Specifications for Municipal Services documents for all major design projects.
- The Department maintains memberships in various professional organizations ensuring that it is fully up-to-date with the latest in technology used by municipal consulting firms throughout North America.
- In addition to our Town Engineer, the Town of New Glasgow Engineering Department has a Civil Engineering Technologist, Adam Langille.
- Office Administration is the responsibility of Trisha MacDonald, while Payroll, Purchasing, and Inventory are managed by Marianne Killen.
Earl MacKenzie joined the Town of New Glasgow in March of 2009 as Manager of Operations and has been Town Engineer since April 2010. Earl’s 22 years of professional experience in civil engineering, with particular emphasis on municipal engineering, structural and civil design, project management, and infrastructure maintenance, is a valuable addition to the Town of New Glasgow’s Executive team.
To read more click here...