Craig Gerrior, Water Treatment & Supply Manager
The Town of New Glasgow Water Utility draws its water from Forbes Lake, a pristine water source located in Churchville, Pictou County. The Utility maintains this Watershed area under our Watershed Management Plan approved by the Province of Nova Scotia.
- The New Glasgow Water Utility has a strong partnership with the landowners around Forbes Lake, who contribute greatly to the maintenance of the Watershed area.
- The Water Treatment Plant provides drinking water to customers within the Town of New Glasgow, the Town of Westville, sections of the Municipality of the County of Pictou, and industrial users in Trenton.
- This plant is staffed by three Operators and a Supervisor, each of whom takes great pride in processing Forbes Lake water and producing water of the highest quality.
- The Utility is proud of our Operators, who continue to advance the quality of water produced at our plant.
- In addition to duties at our Water Treatment Plant, our Operators are also responsible for ensuring that the highest quality of water is maintained at the extremities of our distribution system. This means that the water distributed at the ends of the water line is the same high quality as that from the Water Treatment Plant.
- It is this quality control monitoring that ensures our treated water is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Water Treatment & Supply Manager
Craig has had 15 years of experience in Water Treatment. He began his career with the Town of Truro in 2000 and joined the Town of New Glasgow in 2002.
To read more click here...