John MacBeth, Supervisor
John Fennell, Chargehand
The Town of New Glasgow Water Utility has a modern Water and Sewer Department, fully dedicated to maintaining and renewing our essential water and sewer infrastructure.
- The Utility maintains 90 km of waterline and 93 km of sewer in New Glasgow.
- The Utility uses qualified operators, many of whom have obtained certification through the Nova Scotia Department of Environment Operator Certification Program.
- The Department uses a variety of equipment from state of the art acoustic detectors to excavators, dump trucks, and specialty equipment for the installation of water and sewer mains.
- The Department also provides seven day, twenty-four hour emergency services in cases of flooding or sewer main blockages.
- The Department is striving to meet provincially recognized maintenance standards for distribution systems for both water lines and sewer lines, and now cleans and cameras every meter of sewer line within the Town of New Glasgow on a five year rotating basis.
Water & Sewer Supervisor
John MacBeth has been working for the Town of New Glasgow Water Utility since September of 2001
To read more click here...